County Committee Members are the foundation of our party. Grassroots campaign activism helps to make the party stronger and more responsive to the needs of our communities.
- County Committees choose the candidates who “will get the line” in each primary.
- County Committee members decide how money is spent
- County Committee members elect Party Leadership
- County Committee Members fill vacancies in county and legislative office
- County Committee can change the County Committee bylaws
- Represent the constituents of your district by being the eyes and ears of the party
- Register and welcome new voters to the Democratic party.
- Educate voters and get out the vote for all elections.
- Serve as watchers at polling locations to safeguard voting rights
- Attend meetings
- The right to view municipal party financial records •
- Access to a copy of the party bylaws within 48 hours of being elected to the position. •
- Committee members have the right to propose and vote on the adoption or amendment of a party constitution and by-laws. (Party Democracy Act. P.L. 2009 c. 135) •
- The right to propose and review the candidates who will run on the party’s ticket•
- The right to vote for candidates to fill vacancies in elected offices
- You must be at least 18 years old•
- You must be a registered member of the party you are running in•
- You must be a resident in the district you are running to represent.
How to Run for County Committee
- File a petition with required number of signatures to the Municipal Clerk by 3/27/23 by 4PM to get on the ballot
- Contact [email protected] for more info and forms- We provide all resources, training and mentoring you need to represent your district.