Mount Olive Polling Places – Effective 2019
- Districts 1, 2, 3 and 4, Board of Education meeting room, 227 Route 206, Suite 10, Flanders.
- District 5 remains the same at the Flanders Fire House, 27 Main Street, Flanders.
- •Districts 6, 7, 8 and 9, Municipal Building Courtroom, 204 Flanders-Drakestown Road, Budd Lake.
- Districts 10 and 11 remain the same, at the Municipal Building Council Chambers, 204 Flanders-Drakestown Road, Budd Lake.
- Districts 12, 13, 18 and 22 remain the same at the Mount Olive Middle School, 160 Wolfe Rd, Budd Lake
Am I eligible to vote?
You are eligible if:
- You are a citizen of the United States
- You are a Morris County resident 30 days before the election
- You are a resident of the election district in which you expect to vote on Election Day
- You will be 18 years of age on or before the next election
- Note: you can register at 17, but can’t vote until you turn 18.
- You are not incarcerated, on parole, or on probation due to a conviction for an indictable offense under any federal or state laws.
How do I register to vote?
Complete a registration application form at the Morris County Board of Elections’ office or by mail.
Forms are also available at any Municipal Clerk’s office, through the League of Women Voters, or other public agencies.
You can also register to vote at your local Motor Vehicle Commission (MVC) office while applying for/renewing a driver’s license or non-driver ID card.
When is the voter registration deadline?
You must register to vote 21 days before any election.
In 2019, you must register by May 14 for the Primary, and October 15 for the General election.
How do I change my registration?
If you have moved, changed your name, or want to change political party affiliation, you need to fill out the appropriate form and submit it to the Board of Elections.
If you’ve legally changed your name, you must complete the Name Change section of the Voter Registration form and submit it 21 days before an election. In 2019, this is May 14 for the Primary and October 15 for the General.
If you’ve changed your address within Morris County, complete the Address Change section of the Voter Registration form and submit it by 21 days before an election.
If you’ve moved into Morris County from another county or state, complete the Voter Registration form.
If you’ve moved out of Morris County, but within New Jersey, you will need to complete a voter registration form in your new county.
If you’ve moved out of New Jersey, fill out our cancellation form and mail it to Morris County Board of Elections, PO Box 900, Morristown, NJ 07963-0900. You can not cancel your voter registration by phone, only via the form.
Party Affiliation Change
When you register to vote, you have the option of declaring a Political Party Affiliation (such as Democrat or Republican). If you wish to change this affiliation, you may do so up to 55 days before a primary election.
In 2019, this is April 10 for the primary election.
Fill out the Party Affiliation Change section of the Voter Registration form and submit it to the Board of Elections.
Get more information about political parties and voting in primary elections.
Note: if you are unaffiliated at the time of the primary election, you can declare a party (Democrat or Republican) on primary election day. However, you can not change your party that day – if you are already affiliated, you must change it by the deadline (April 10).